Monday, March 12, 2007

Windows Has Been Replaced By Unrecognized Version

Windows Has Been Replaced By Unrecognized Version
I was doing a a drive cleanup and this message came on "Files that are reguired for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. to maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files". Can anyone tell me what this means,
My guess is that some file or file you have "Cleaned" were required by the Windows Operating System. Did you system ask for the Windows Installation Disk?
Yes it did, and I don't have one.
power down, when you turn it back on, begin repeatedly keying F8, when the dos verbage window comes up down arrow to "boot to last known good configuration",,that might turn the trick.
Not if he deleted OS files.
Will this redo my computer to what it was when I bought it?
et's not jump the gun and start talking about formatting and such. that's a little extreme.

what kind of PC is it and when did you buy it/ build it? you've got to have a source disk for Windows somewhere. is it a Dell and they didn't ship you one? if it is a Dell, there should be instructions to burn your own Windows CD.

this day and age there should be a Windows disk somewhere you can use to replace those files.

speaking of which, depending on the files, it's not necessarily the end of the world. once, I deleted the command prompt for an install I did. I could still use the PC - just not the command prompt. I copied the necessary file from another windows pc and put it where it belongs on the other one and I was fine. do you know what files you deleted?
Didn't Reg Mech make back-ups prior to changes?...if you let it do so, any changes made will be reversible via that app.
Possibly not....but, when troubleshooting it's usually best to start with the simplest first...no?
If all he's done is run this prog, restoring the sys to it's previous state couldn't hurt, no?
Exactly. I got alot of stuff on my computer. I didn't put a extra 250 hard disc in for nothing. I got everything backed-up, but what happens to the things I am downloading? I just got my computer organized. I don't want to put everything back in and do this all over again. I guess I am phoning Acer.
I tried the tip from crayj and things are fine, but every time I try to install certain games that were burned onto CD's that I downloaded and THe drive won't install the game, it just won't respond. My Windows just goes blank untill I eject the disc or restar the computer. I don't know if that has anything to do with this now. Where do I download a Windows Disc from?
this sounds like the problem i had the other day with my floppy drive does your cd/dvd drive show up on my computer??
what is the error code if you get one when it stops working or crashes?
have you done a spyware scan?
you may need to go into regedit to find the files for your cd/dvd drive delete the upper and lower filters then restart your pc windows will automaticly find and enable your drive to find the exact registry keys you need to visit {http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/} and search the error code or cd/dvd drive not working properly pages.
I would download a Windows version on your computer (that's already on it). I forgot what version you had as I'm sure you stated it in an earlier post, but I'm uploading right now and I'm totally lagged. I don't feel like waiting. It's faster to type this anyway!

I would do a Windows Repair. All this does is replace your windows files with the original ones. If ANY are replaced or are a virus/spyware/etc., then they will be replaced also.

I would not use Registry Mechanic as I once used that, and it messed me up bad. I would use Registry Genius. This seems to work for me, and hasn't messed me up yet. It does more things than just fix & scan your registry also.
hmmm, go to MS and check your updates. check to see if there are any hardware updates for your computer. could be you've removed some updates when you did your cleaning. it has to be something that happened from your "last known good configuration" and when the problem occurred. you can check thru restore points backwards to the date you are now operating from and see what was installed when the computer made it's restore point. i've solved a problem or two that way.

glad the F8 got you mostly working again. are you running any DRM stuff from MS?
...you are on a torrent site, go download windows and re install. Better yet get a good os like ubuntu or SUSE or something and install that.
It means you have file protection enabled
u can use this tool to remove that message
FilePSwitcher.exe
download your copy of windows or borrow a disk.

go to start > run
on the command line type sfc /scannow
follow the prompts and insert the disk when needed.
wow!, that's your site? you are mad cool (add that to your warnings). and if he has no idea what happened an install disc is what is asked for. but then again if he has no other problem than the error message what could be the harm. never hurt my pc. it's one of the very first things I do (i am not nlitened)
May I ask where is MS?

No comments: